Many people open glass ampoules at home or at work after their physicians prescribe them drugs and other kinds of medicine. If they open glass ampoules by hand, they run the risk of injuring themselves on the broken neck or have the glass shatter in their hands. Even the use of other ampoule openers, which still require the ampoule to be held, keeps them exposed to possible accidents.
How can you avoid sharps injuries?
Our line of ampoule openers give users peace of mind by making it easy, quick, and completely safe to open glass ampoules any time. AO Ampoule Opener and AO+ Ampoule Opener have an impressive array of features (click here to see a full competitive comparison).
- Completely eliminate injuries from broken glass
- Ensure a clean break to virtually eliminate fine pieces of glass from contaminating ampoule contents
- Reduce unnecessary exposure to ampoule contents and drugs
- Avoid the risk of spillage
- Enable easy tracking of ampoules and syringes
- Radically limit needle stick injury when changing needles or when extracting drugs from an ampoule
The AO and AO+ give dialysis technicians total peace of mind by offering complete protection from sharps injuries when working with glass ampoules.
If you would like to get a sense of how our openers function, click on any of the videos on the right to view the aspects of safety in our designs. Go to the video section at top of home page for longer versions of the videos for greater details.
To see how the AO+ helps prevent occupational hazards, please watch the video below on needlestick injury prevention.