There are many areas within hospitals and clinics where glass ampoules are opened by medical staff. Opening glass ampoules using traditional methods or even with more recent ampoule breakers presents unnecessary risk of injury. Our line of ampoule openers can virtually eliminate sharps injuries in areas including:
- Nurses’ Stations: Where nurses can be further protected from both sharps and needlestick injury when preparing medications for patients at nurse stations or at the bedside.
- Pharmacies: Where pharmacists prepare medications and drugs for varied areas of use.
- Laboratories: Where staff are working with reference and machine recalibrating substances stored with ampoules.
- Research Areas: Where staff are opening glass ampoules and are exposed to possible sharps and needlestick injuries while using syringes and needles.
- Operating Rooms: Where anesthesiologists and other professionals are preparing drugs pre- and during operation procedures and operating theatre nurses are opening ampoules to access injectible medications.
- In/Outpatient Facilities: Where doctors and staff are opening ampoules and working with syringes to medicate patients.
If you would like to get a sense of how our openers function, click on any of the videos on the right to view the aspects of safety in our designs. Go to the video section at top of home page for longer versions of the videos for greater details.
Ready to choose the right ampoule opener? Click here to learn about selecting the right opener for the ampoules used in your hospital or clinic.