Glass ampoules are often used in dental clinics and dental surgery facilities. Dentists, hygienists, and others often open ampoules using the “bare hands” approach or by using inferior ampoule openers that require the glass ampoules to be held in one hand. These traditional ampoule opening techniques present a high risk of sharps injuries and unnecessary exposure to the drugs within the container. Furthermore, the risk of accidents and harm create anxiety and undue stress on the dental staff. But it does not have to be this way.
How can you safely open ampoules?
There is now a safer and easier way to break glass ampoules. The AO Ampoule Opener and AO+ Ampoule Opener completely remove the risk of sharps injuries. Our line of ampoule openers have an impressive array of features (click here to see a full competitive comparison).
- Completely eliminate injuries from broken glass
- Reduce unnecessary exposure to ampoule contents and drugs
- Avoid the risk of spillage of high-value substances
- Enable easy organization of ampoules and syringes
- Radically limit needle stick injury when changing needles or when extracting drugs from an ampoule
The AO and AO+ give dental professional total peace of mind by offering complete protection from sharps injuries when working with glass ampoules.
If you would like to get a sense of how our openers function, click on any of the videos on the right to view the aspects of safety in our designs. Go to the video section at top of home page for longer versions of the videos for greater details.